need a career that is safe from the onslaught of a.i. and robotics? become a dental assistant.
with so many careers being impacted by artificial intelligence (ai) and robotics today, choosing a career path that is least likely to be impacted is the smart choice. according to a recent study by oxford university, these 20 jobs will be the first to go based on a.i. proliferation:
- telemarketers • watch repairers
- order clerks • mathematical technicians
- library technicians • tellers
- insurance appraisers, auto damage • title examiners, abstractors, and searchers
- insurance underwriters • sewer workers
- loan officers • keyed data entry
- brokerage clerks • new account clerks
- tax preparers • umpires, referees, and other sports officials
- cargo and freight agents • insurance claims and policy processing clerks
- photographic process workers • timing device assemblers and adjusters
however, according to the same study, one of the best choices for vocational training today is as a dental assistant, as shown here by the list of 20 professions deemed safe from the robotic onslaught:
- recreational therapists • dentists, hygienists and assistants
- emergency management directors • dietitians and nutritionists
- supervisors of mechanics and installers • orthoptists and prosthetists
- audiologists • elementary school teachers
- healthcare social workers • medical scientists, except epidemiologists
- occupational therapists • clinical, counseling, and school psychologists
- sales engineers • human resources managers
- physicians and surgeons • podiatrists
- choreographers • computer systems analysts
- psychologists • training and development managers
dental assistants play a key role in the dental office, performing tasks that support dentists and hygienists, making the practice run smoothly and improving patient care. it is a job that not only pays well, does not look like a job that robots will be doing anytime soon, but is one that provides for a rewarding work life with many personal benefits.
dental assistants can be expected to prepare treatment room by following prescribed protocols. prepare patients for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping the patient, and may also provide information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests. not the kind of work that a robot could handle is it?
not only are dental assistants highly unlikely to be replaced by a.i. anytime soon, the bureau of labor statistics says that the dental assistant field is one of the fastest growing careers over the next 5 years! in fact, the bureau states, “employment of dental assistants is projected to grow 19 percent from 2016 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations. the aging population and ongoing research linking oral health and general health will continue to increase the demand for preventive dental services.”
ready to start a career that is safe from the a.i. explosion? it is easier and less time consuming than you may think. obviously, dental practices want to hire assistants that either have experience or are certified by a recognized academic institution, and a certificate from eastern college of health vocations will put you on the fast track for hire in this exciting field.
studies can take as little as seven months and over 70% of our graduates go right to work in the field. your new dental assistant career is as close as a click, or a phone call to our admissions office at either the little rock campus at 501-568-0211 or our new orleans campus at 504-736-0654. don’t delay, we only teach humans at eastern college of health vocations … and classes fill quickly.